We hope you’ve been enjoying Elder God Wars: Extinction, and thank you for sharing your thoughts about the rewards. As this is our first Grandmaster quest in over five years, we know you've been working extra hard for that sweet loot.
We've listened to your feedback, and today we're pleased to announce that we'll be introducing some powerful new rewards on April 25th! As well as these extra goodies, we'll also be giving you more XP and some juicy new prizes for skilling. Let's dig into the details.
- Upgrade to the Pontifex Shadow Ring
This nifty upgrade increases the drop chance for all Elder God Wars bosses, so you can reap even more glorious benefits for your hard work.
- Passive Ring of Vigour Effect (Warped Gem + Ring of Vigour)
A serious power boost for combat players! You can now speak to Vicendithas to gather a Warped Gem. Rumour has it that by combining this precious stone with a Ring of Vigour, you'll be able to unlock the Ring’s effect, regardless of what you're wearing on your finger…
Changes to XP
- 150 XP per 3 ticks has become 175 XP per 3 ticks.
- 10:1 XP ratio changed to 10:5 XP ratio.
- You can now store up to 350,000 XP at your skilling station!
- Already built your skilling station? Don't worry, you won't be penalised for completing it early - you'll receive 120,000 XP to your stored XP.
- A new build gives 135,000 XP to storage instead of 15,000 XP.
- This equates to 43,000 XP per day over selected skills if storage is kept up.
With this upgrade, we're also upping the loot you get for skilling with some powerful new drops. Grab all manner of materials and items from the skilling stations in the Dream, including:
- Dinosaur Eggs.
- Laboratory Relics from Dragonkin lab.
- Necklace of Salamancy – this can grant extra bonuses against Slayer dinosaurs and the Rex Matriarchs, plus a way to shrink yourself into a lizard-like body!
- Plus more useful goodies we won't spoil for you here!
We've also added a Bank to the area for your convenience.
While we await these changes, we have added a quick fix to the Grace Period on the Master Quest Cape - a little something to tide you over!
Looking ahead, it’s also worth mentioning that the next update will require you to have completed Extinction, and will teach you how to craft something you can use for countless other boss fights waiting for you in Gielinor... so you have that to look forward to as well.
Anyway, that's all on the updates for now. We hope you enjoy the new rewards!
- The RuneScape Team