The next iteration of Double XP LIVE is just around the corner – and this time it's some new improvements for using up those Combat Dummies!
From August 12th – 22nd, you'll be able to max out your XP gains at your own pace with our 48-hour Double XP Timer, just like usual. As with the previous DXP: Live, you'll also be able to convert some of your time into credit for Nic the Trader's Store!
DXP LIVE: The Basics
If you've never taken part in Double XP LIVE before, you've missed out on some easy gains! It's a great way to boost your XP and prepare yourself for higher-level quests and adventures. Throughout Double XP LIVE, you have a 48-hour timer that, when activated, grants you increased XP for most combat and skilling activities at the following rates:
- +100% for RuneScape members
- +20% for free-to-play
You can turn the timer on and off as you wish, meaning you can set aside time to focus on specific skills you want to train, and keep adventuring as normal the rest of the time.
Keep in mind that any bonus XP is not boosted during Double XP LIVE, but it is still awarded. So this could combine to make as much as +200% XP for members on all sorts of skilling activities! Not bad huh? Not too shabby at all.
There are some caveats. Ironman accounts do not receive an XP boost during Double XP LIVE. You should also note that Double XP does not apply to some skilling activities, so let's quickly take a look at those:
Click here to expand...
The Double XP LIVE boost is not applied to XP earned through the following items or activities:
- Assist system
- XP Lamps
- Tomes of Experience
- The Dragon Rider Amulet
- Brawling Gloves
- Player-Owned House altars
- Wilderness Chaos altars
- Dungeoneering wildcards
- Sacred clay
- Ancient effigies
It also doesn't apply to XP rewards given for the following activities:
- Daily Challenges
- Jade Vine
- Strange and Golden rocks
- Other Distractions & Diversions
- Harvesting animal produce from Player-Owned Farms
Finally, it doesn't apply to XP awarded at the hand-in of points or tokens. Examples include:
- Slayer point rewards
- Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets
- Dungeoneering tokens
Additionally, Double XP LIVE affects Archaeology and Invention skilling differently:
Click here to expand...
- Base Precision will be doubled (this means double projects per hour from Excavation).
- Excavation and Screening XP are doubled.
- Players will not receive Double XP from restoring artefacts, tomes, research, mysteries or pylons.
- Item XP is gained at +50%.
- Making items on a workbench (charge packs, siphons etc) gives +50% improved XP.
- Disassembling random items (logs, potions etc) will give +50% improved XP.
- Disassembling/siphoning equipment does not give improved XP.
Anything New This Time?
Yes! Alongside the release of Time to Train right before Double XP: LIVE begins, we'll be making a number of improvements to Combat Dummies to make them more usable for your training goals!
- You can now place multiple Combat Dummies down at once (up to 3).
- Combat Dummies can now be affected by AoE spells and abilities.
- Combat Dummies are now easier to place – you can now configure a 'Default' Dummy type for deployment, making them a one-click deploy.
- This includes a new configuration that will choose the Dummy type based on your equipped mainhand weapon.
- You can now pick up any Dummies you place if you have not gained any XP from them.
Nic the Trader
Each day you log in, you can convert one hour of Double XP time to credit that can be spent at Nic the Trader's Store!
Each hour converted will grant 250 credits to members, and 50 credits to free-to-play adventurers.
Here's a look at what you'll be able to pick up from Nic:
For every day you log in during Double XP LIVE, you also receive a reward which is unique for that day! On top of this, once you have claimed five of them, any future daily rewards will be doubled for the remainder of Double XP LIVE!
Day One: 1x Medium Skill Training Dummy Crate
Day Two: 1x Medium Protean Pack
Day Three: 2x Advanced Pulse Core
Day Four: 2x Protean Powerup
Day Five: 2x Cinder Core
Day Six: 5x Combat Training Dummy
Day Seven: 1x Variety Pack
Day Eight: 1x Medium Skill Training Dummy Crate
Day Nine: 2x Protean Powerup
Day Ten: 2x Advanced Pulse Core
Day Eleven: 1x Medium Protean Pack
So that's it in a nutshell – loads of XP, rewards and the chance to grab some credit to spend with your pal Nic! Make sure to jump in from August 12th - 22nd and be the best hero you can be – with a little help from Double XP LIVE!