This week the Ninjas bring in a raft of Quality of Life improvements, and the Fresh Start Worlds gang get another powerful XP boost!
QoL Ninja Strike
Courtesy of our Summer Game Jam!
We explored some great ideas for Quality of Life improvements at our Summer Game Jam, and we're pleased to announce that they'll be arriving in the game this week!
Improvements include enabling teleporting at the start of the Hefin Agility Course, UX tweaks for Anachronia Base Management and the Dream of Iaia, model updates for unicorns and Moia, and plenty more besides.
Those clever Ninjas have also made a host of quest-specific improvements to polish up some classic adventures that needed a little love!
Check out the full details in our Patch Notes section.
Fresh Start Worlds Week 6
More than Double XP for lower level skills!
The Competitive Period will be ending in just a few weeks, so keep pushing for those goals, Fresh Starters! This week, we're hitting OVER Double XP with 2.25 XP for skills below level 70, along with increased chances for double gathered materials and an amped-up accuracy boost from 50% to 100%.
Here's this week's bonuses in full:
- NEW: +125% XP (skills below level 70).
- +75% XP (skills above level 70).
- Continuation of Free Deaths.
- NEW: 30% chance to double gathered materials.
- Tier 3 Auras unlocked.
- NEW: +100% Accuracy in combat.
Merch: New Official Soundtracks
Make the music of Elder God Wars your life soundtrack!
One epic saga – two new official soundtracks! Take a musical journey deep into the climactic battle of the gods with RuneScape: Elder God Wars and Echoes of Orthen.
Featuring the songs that accompanied the culmination of the Elder God Wars storyline, you can relive taking on each of the dungeon's fronts, and all those furious battles with iconic bosses such as Kerapac, Zuk, Croesus, The Archglacor, and of course, the mighty Zamorak. You'll hear some of the most iconic tracks including The Glory of Combat, Family and Holy Zamorak. Plus, feast your eyes on fabulous artworks that capture some of the key bosses in all their magnificence!
For the collectors among you, there's also a beautiful Vinyl Edition, with 11 songs and stunning images. Your purchase includes the full 22-song digital album for when you're on the go!
Merch: Halloween and Varrock Pins
Angels Scapes are back with more must-have merch!
Be ready to ward off demons this Halloween with your very own Silverlight Pin: just one of the limited edition items in part two of the Varrock Pin and Keyring Collection! This is a continuation of the Angels Scapes' Cities of RuneScape range overon our Official Merch Store.
Here's all the limited edition pins that are new in this drop:
- 99 Silverlight Pin, perfect for taking on Count Draynor!
- 99 Darklight Pin, a mini replica of the magical sword Silverlight, enhanced with the blood of Agrith-Naar!
- Dark Wizard Pin, killer of unsuspecting noobs since 2001.
- 99 Bank Sale Pin. Relive the nostalgia of painstakingly typing out text effects...
Head to the Merch Store to browse the full collection - when they're gone, they're gone!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- The King Black Dragon can no longer be damaged by poison during his immune stage.
- A broadcast is now displayed whenever a Wilderness Flash Event starts, as well as five minutes beforehand.
- Broadcasts for members-only Wilderness Flash Events no longer show on free-to-play worlds.
- The World Map icons for Wilderness Events now show five minutes before the event starts.
- Location hints for some Wilderness Flash Events have been made clearer.
- Portable Obelisks obtained from Wilderness Flash Events can now be alchemised.
- Updated the Wilderness Events' Minigames interface to use an appropriate background skin for Legacy players.
- Tightened up animations for KBD and his support dragons during the King Black Dragon Rampage event.
- Fixed overlapping UI in Wilderness minigames.
- Broadcasts for Wilderness Flash Events are no longer cut off in chat.
- The infobox shown for handing in flowers at the Surprising Seedlings Wilderness Event now correctly matches the chat.
- The Wilderness warning interface will now open upon attempting to teleport to the Wilderness lodestone, if opted into PvP.
- The guaranteed critical hit effect from Greater Fury is no longer consumed by bleed ability damage.
- Bladed Dive can now be used when your current attack stat is at level 65 or above (including when you are using booster items to increase your attack level).
- Some players who have been unable to complete Death's miniquest should now be able to finish it and claim their reward.
- Incy's pet description now refers to Incy as a follower pet.
- The messaging displayed by Celestial Dragons in Dragonkin Laboratory when they heal themselves is no longer obscured by an enemy NPC target panel.
- Made a speculative fix to prevent players getting stuck on a black screen when logging into a Clan Citadel.
- The Lucky perk will no longer occasionally state that damage was reduced by -1.
- Added safety checks to prevent The Ambassador from disappearing during his monologue at the end of a kill.
- Added safety checks to prevent Subdued Raksha from disappearing at the end of a kill.
- Fixed the Wild Magic ability's tool tip to display the correct damage percentage.
- Fixed an issue where the 'weaken' and 'enfeeble' debuffs were not being applied correctly when active at the same time. Now only the most powerful debuff will be applied.
- Changed the description of Powerburst of Acceleration to be more transparent.
- Players will no longer be told about Christmas paper clean-up if nothing was tidied.
- Yak Track's Premier Pass now appears activated the first time a player opens Yak Track if a player purchases Premier Pass without previously opening Yak Track.
- Ariane, Linza, Owen, Ozan, Raptor and Xenia will now acknowledge the accomplishments of anyone who has completed the quests they are associated with.
- Fixed a typo in Quercus's dialogue.
- Fixed a typo in Acca Otot's dialogue.
- Fixed a typo in A Critic's Review.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday October 24th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday October 24th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 85
- Location: Burthorpe Bank
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Princess Rae
- Date/Time: Saturday October 29th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
Shining a little light onto community events and activities.
The folks over at FashionScapers have been having a bit of a blast with getting into the spooky mood!