We’re rooting for loot this week, as we gather keys ready for Frank’s Free Chest and battle it out in Treasure Hunter. Plus, livestreams are back, with our first of the year delving deep into the world of design!
Frank's Free Chest
Nine days left to lock down those keys
There are just nine days left to gather up to 12 weekly keys for Frank’s Free Chest. Earn one for every hour of play and on your first login each day!
The chest will finally open next week, starting February 1st. Will you be lucky enough to nab a Red Uncharted Isles Map?
Treasure Hunter Calendar
Step inside the Loot Rooms from January 26th
Live Now | Ends January 25th | Academy of Heroes
Use keys to battle enemies, level up and take their loot! This version of the Academy includes brand new Cosmetic Overrides for Berserk, Hurricane and Sunshine. Find out more here.
January 26th | Ends February 1st | *NEW PROMOTION* Loot Rooms
An all-new Treasure Hunter arrives Thursday, Jan 26th – may we usher you inside the Loot Rooms?
Pick between two types of chest, just like Loot Duels. All sorts of chests are on offer, from Antique Chests to Skilling Chests, Double Dragon Chests to Money Chests.
You'll get instant rewards from the chest based on type, and a duplicate version will also be placed in your Loot Room.
Once you've opened eight Chests, enter the Loot Room and open 4 more Chests - without the use of Keys - from your selection of duplicates!
Loot Rooms launches on January 26th and ends February 1st.
Don't miss the first livestream of the year!
Wednesday January 25th | 17:00 Game Time | Design Q&A
Lead Designer Mod Jack will be joined by J-Mods from across the team to share their insights in the first livestream of 2023! Post your design-related questions in our dedicated thread and they'll tackle as many as they can over the course of the show.
Watch the show live on Twitch.
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Death Cost Update
- Corrected Death reclaim values for Erethdor's Grimoire, Ascension Fragments and Fragment Arrows and Bolts.
- Corrected a calculation issue that would occur when switching between tabs in the Death Preview. This was a UI issue and did not effect the cost of Death itself.
- Dyed Fractured Staff of Armadyl variants have been updated to now correctly display the intended cost/item value and death cost.
- Fixed a small issue with Member only items in Death Overflow being claimable in free-to-play worlds.
- Fixed an issue where items stored with Death weren't refreshing when claiming them via the Gravestone.
- You can now send QuickChat messages via private message to a friend in the lobby without crashing your client.
- Chito and Frito have returned to Het's Oasis in their usual spots.
- Grimgnash no longer disappears after falling asleep during the Grim Tales quest.
- Tool Leprechauns can no longer note Elder Saplings.
- Sign of the Porter no longer banks flowers from Het's Oasis bushes.
- Skull Sceptre's left click option is now teleport.
- Bug fixed in which teleport locations for the Skull Sceptre were not unlocking as intended.
- Players can once again receive master clue scrolls when killing NPCs.
- The Necklace of Gluttony effect now applies correctly to all food types.
- The Legacy interface skin is now applied to the Treasure Hunter prize window.
- Players are now removed upon taking their helmets off in Dondakin's Gold Mine. Safety first!
- Updated the penguin hint for the Wilderness penguin to include new land added around the volcano.
- Treasure Hunter no longer closes itself the first time it is opened by new players.
- The Quest Point Cape's perk can now be activated from the Max Cape Perk interface.
- Map markers for the following quests have been updated to match the current quest state:
- Violet is Blue Too
- Elemental Workshop 4
- Deadliest Catch
- Call of Ancestors
- City of Senntisten
- The Vault of Shadows (miniquest)
- Once upon a time in Gielinor
- Daughter of Chaos
- The left-click option on the Shard of Erebus is now 'Wield'.
- Both the Shard of Zaros and the Shard of Erebus now have a tooltip which explains their effects.
- An issue that caused the walk animation overrides to reset upon logging in has been fixed.
- The Crystal SkillChompa has been fixed to properly apply its effect to each skill it can be used for.
- Players can once again left-click Amaethwr to continue with the respective master clue.
- Slightly adjusted the health scaling of Wilderness combat events to allow more room for players to meet their personal progress in the required time. (Dev Note: We are closely monitoring these changes!)
- The Ability Book will now remember the last tab you had open on mobile devices.
- With the end of FSW, event NPC 'Gale Freshman' has been removed from Burthorpe.
- Daily challenge notifications have been enabled for all players on desktop.
- Added a loot beam to Chewed Bones.
The latest goings-on from our community
@letsdiscussrs breaks down the story of Seren and how her journey began.
@TheRSGuy continues their HCIM adventures as they work towards new skilling heights.
@munclesonkey is also working on HCIM and unlocking what they consider the best skill in the game!
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday January 23rd, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Helpscape
- Date/Time: Wednesday January 25th, 12:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor - Sliske Lobby
- FC: Helpscape
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, Ol Frost, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Friday January 28th, 15:00 Game Time
- World: 99
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- Fast Sc
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!