Fresh off of Game Jam this update is chock full of patch notes!
Necromancy Insights: Rituals
Setting the scene for Necromancy
With Necromancy's launch date getting closer, we have begun releasing weekly Insights to help get you up to speed! Our first blog is all about Rituals. Light a candle for our ghostly friends!
Our next Insights release will focus on the story and lore associated with Necromancy! This will launch with a video and blog this Thursday, so keep your eyes peeled.
Soul Dye Update
New Look Based On Feedback
We've shown you our rework concepts for the Soul Dye item, and today we're delighted to show off its new look!
This new approach combines your favourite bits of the concepts we shared with a new animated texture, which has also been tuned to be slower and more readable. You should be able to pick out each individual ghoulish grimace!
We hope this new design is more in line with your expectations. We really appreciate all your feedback.
Although you can view the new design at the Parcels from the Dead area, the Soul Dye itself has not been updated in this week's update. We're still busy working behind the scenes to bring the updated look to all other dyeable items, as well as the ones on display in the event area.
We expect to release the new-and-improved Soul Dye on July 17th. Please remember that when the new Dye releases, it will override the existing Soul Dye on any items it's applied to.
Parcels From The Dead Event Extension
Since the Soul Dye update won't arrive by July 17th, we're extending the event by one week, until July 24th. More time to get your hands on the Soul Dye!
Wednesday July 12th | 16:00 Game Time | Hooli's Max Party plus Dead and Buried Reward Preview
Join us for a brief preview of the rewards to come in Dead and Buried, our next Quest, before we join Mod Hooli as he hits Max live on stream!
Watch the show live at Twitch.TV/RuneScape. If you'd like to join the in-game Max Party, head to World 139 at Prifddinas' Yew Trees - then onto the Max Guild!
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
All events below reward bonus Last Wills for the ongoing Parcels From The Dead event.
Starts July 6th | Ends July 10th | Double Dragon Chests
Mighty dragon power... multiplied! Dragon Chests randomly replace standard chests and each one grants a prize multiplier!
Starts July 11th | Ends July 17th | Vault of the Dead
The Vault of the Dead creaks open to reveal a pile of crystal chests! Find the Undead Diamond Chests for big drops of Last Wills, GP or even the Soul Dye itself as a reward!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Abyssal beasts are now less likely to move the player when in combat.
- One of the Agility vines of the Anachronia Agility Course should no longer disappear when players approach it from the north.
- Familiars with small Inventory sizes now display correctly compared to those with bigger inventory sizes.
- A number of errors and inconsistencies within various Skill Guides have been fixed:
- Fixed multiple tooltip issues.
- Updated various descriptions.
- Fixed typos.
- Added the 'Also requires...' text to Mining Skill Guide entries about Dungeoneering.
- Fixed an issue that caused the achievement 'Barking up the wrong tree' to not be awarded when the requirements were met.
- Players' walk animation override will no longer be disabled after squashing a Grand Seed Pod.
- The Dwarven Army Axe can now be claimed from Major Rancour in Burthorpe without needing to complete the Burthorpe tutorial path.
- Removed the 13 Defence requirement from the 'A Visit to Charlie' achievement, since 13 Defence is no longer required to use Fairy Rings.
- Players now receive better feedback when they try to note Cabbages with the Tool Leprechaun at the Farming patches south of Falador.
- Fixed an issue that allowed continuous gathering from decaying guard hunter nodes when a Sign of the Porter effect was active with a full Bank.
- Added the respective Warpriest Armour drops to the Bodyguards of each General within the God Wars Dungeon.
- Players can no longer leave memories or cutscenes when transmogrified into Moia.
- Fixed an issue causing Quest Capes to activate the Stone of Jas buff if a teleport to Glacor Cavern was unsuccessful.
- The Quick Prayer icon no longer turns gray when placed on the Action Bar and can be used without issues.
- Both modes for 'Zamorak, Lord of Chaos' are now visible in the 'Boss kills' interface.
- The Soul Wars Avatars can no longer be killed with Deathtouched Darts.
- The Superheat spell can now be used on Obsidian Shards.
- Large numbers in the HiScores and the Music Player interfaces will now come with a comma separator.
- When players teleport to a Lodestone, they should no longer be visible before the arrival animation has played.
- The Clan window now correctly updates the slide-out menu when players leave the Clan Chat.
- Improved feedback when making flatpacks on a PoH workbench that cannot make furniture of their level.
- The Fishing spot under the bridge in Shilo Village has been removed.
- The forcewalk tile in the northern area of Mos Le'Harmless has been removed.
- Corrected a punctuation error in the Murder on the Border quest.
- The Treasure Hunter tutorial now correctly plays regardless of the chosen key mode.
- The bottom border in the Treasure Hunter Promotion Information window is now always visible.
- Players should now receive less dialogue when claiming their free TokKul from TzHaar-Hur-Zuk in TzHaar City and seaweed and pineapples from Arhein in Catherby.
- Players can once again teleport to the active Wilderness flash event by using the teleport option on either the wandering Ramokee or Nikkel in Edgeville.
- The log in chat message no longer informs players about collecting the Golden Cape Shards.
- Tidied up the Yak Track Forinthry Frontier area in Burthorpe.
- Attempting to empty your Money Pouch in to an already full Bank will now return the correct error message.
- Attempting to move items from your Bank to a Beast of Burden that would trigger an error message, now displays the correct error message.
- Fixed an issue when reclaiming items from Death that was causing empty Rune Pouches to be overvalued and too expensive.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Price Checker to display incorrect values.
- The Travelling Merchant and Fancy Dress Shop Owner will now correctly display your true monetary worth when interacting with their respective stores.
- The execute chance as part of the Tier 3 Guardhouse perk was effecting certain bosses. This has been corrected. This change affects the following bosses:
- Temple of Aminishi:
- Ol' Sawtooth
- Dragonkin Laboratory:
- Giant Slime
- Elegorn the Celestial
- Alanogard the Black
- Engorged lava strykewyrm
- Sangri the Red
- Verak Little
- Shadow Reef:
- Ulthven Keith
- Bossy McBossFace
- Yor'Ger the Deceiver
- Oreb, the Magister
- Masuta the Descended
- Corpse Carrier
- Bloated monstrosity
- Zamorakian Undercity
- Cerberus Juvenile
- Denizen of Infernus
- Smoulders, the Revenger
- Maelstrom, Raging Waterfiend
- The Salve Amulet and its enhanced variant now have updated tooltips to show the effects they offer.
- Farming tree patch NPCs should no longer abruptly say that they're already taking care of the Farming patches when players ask them for Farming advice.
- The 'My fort smells of rich mahogany' achievement no longer appears locked in the Achievements interface and the tooltip has been updated to list 60 Construction as a requirement.
- Added Skill Guide entries for the Grove cabin.
- Missing options have been added back to the dropdown menu of the make-x Fletching interface.
- Players can no longer store noted items in a Woodbox.
- Modified wood spirits to award the player with extra Logs when the Adze or related effects are active.
- Changed the examine text of Bird's Nests that contain wood spirits.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the tree in The Lost Grove to spawn partially below the ground.
- Fixed an issue where having an Adze effect active and chopping trees would not contribute to Woodcutting daily tasks.
- The Imcando Hatchet now sheathes correctly and the glow from the augmented version is now brighter and visible from all angles.
- When setting the quick teleport option of the Nature's Sentinel outfit to the Elder Tree in the Woodcutter's Grove, the chat message will no longer say 'No quick teleport destination selected'.
- The final tree stump models for the customisable trees in Fort Forinthry have been plugged in.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Woodbox's tooltip to display wrong information when it has been partially emptied.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Woodbox tooltip to not display its contents while it was in the bank.
- Adjusted the Kitchen Tier 3 requirements with the proper wood type.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Yew trees in the Woodcutter's Grove to spawn with graphical errors.
- Fixed an animation issue with the Blessed Hatchet.
- Willow trees are no longer labelled as 'members only' on the World Map.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday July 10th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 85
- Location: Fort Forinthry
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Helpscape
- Date/Time: Friday July 14th, 16:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: Armadyl Lobby
- FC: Helpscape
Mega Duck Hunt
- Hosted by: Steve20058, Mega Duck & IcyLove
- Date/Time: Saturday July 15th, 18:00 Game Time
- World: 5
- Location: Falador Park
- FC: Mega Duck
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!