Prepare for Necromancy with Double XP LIVE, a new cosmetics pack and your guide to the City of Um!
I Have Seen Your Progress
You have such potential...
Keep growing stronger... I will be watching.
Double XP LIVE
Launches Friday 28th
With Necromancy just around the corner, now's the time to get your levels in order! Ready to strut your stuff in your new Necromancy armour? Try grabbing some extra levels in Crafting! Or maybe you want to make some Necromancy Potions? Better get your Herblore up to scratch…
If you're preparing for Necromancy, here's some optional levels to chase that can support your journey in Necromancy - though none are required in order to play the skill.
DXP LIVE is a 10-day event where you have 48 Hours of Double XP to use at your leisure. You can pause the timer if you need to do other activities but don't want to lose out on that precious DXP time. If you won't be using all your hours, you can trade an hour of DXP per day for credits to use with Nic The Trader. More about how it works here!
Double XP LIVE kicks off this Friday, July 28th until Monday, August 7th, starting and ending at 12:00 PM Game Time.
PSA: Currently players can trade one hour a day of DXP time with Nic for credits, which can then be spent on items. Previously these credits unintentionally carried over between DXP periods, but this will no longer be the case - so be sure to spend all your credits before the end of the event!
Logout Timer Extension
Available for all Jagex accounts!
As previously mentioned, we've been actively working to increase the AFK logout timer as part of Jagex Accounts. This change goes live with today's update!
The previous timer would log you out after five minutes. Now it’s twice that - you've got 10 whole minutes to step away! You can safely go make a coffee and change the filter while you're there. Maybe get creative with a few syrups?
This is just one way we’re using player feedback to improve the Jagex Account. We’ll continue to refine these systems, so keep sharing your thoughts with us!
Necromancy Insights: City of Um
Join us on a stroll through the underworld
Take a tour of the scenic city of Um in our latest Insights blog. Stroll through the plaza, swing by the docks or just mingle with the inhabitants as you take in the sights of the Underworld’s most liminal locale!
More of a fighter than a tourist? The next Insights release will dive into the combat aspect of Necromancy. Check back this Thursday for a sneak peek of the upcoming abilities and all the info on how you'll be slinging that Necrotic energy when the time comes…
Wednesday July 16th | 16:00 Game Time | Skill and Chill
Join Mod Doom and Mod Spear as they kick back and grind some levels! Watch the show live on Twitch.TV/RuneScape.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
Starts July 25th | Ends July 26th | Genie's Wishes
Be careful what you wish for... you might just get it! Find Karima in your chest to have your wish come true, or enhance your next wish for even greater rewards. Oh, and you won't even need to find Karima after claiming a wish to get started on your next wish!
Starts July 27th | Ends August 2nd | Foresight to Train
It's time to train - but this time with extra foresight.
New to this run are the Protean Prolonger, which let you double the maximum make-x value for your Proteans for a limited time, and the Star Redirector, which lets you exchange up to 50k BXP from one skill and send it to to another skill at a rate of 5:4 (e.g. 50k BXP in skill A becomes 40k BXP in skill B).
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- With the recent updates to construction via Fort Forinthry, Protean Planks have been redesigned to be more in line with other Protean resources.
- Protean planks can no longer be used to build things, and you cannot cut Protean logs into planks (you can still convert them, but through the usual 3:2 conversion of any Protean to any other).
- They now behave more like Protean bars, where players have level banded make-x interactions which consume one Plank at a time, at a rate of one every 7 ticks (this can be reduced to 6 with the Protean powerup). These produce no output other than XP.
- To start the make-x interaction, the player will need to interact with either a construction hotspot in their Player-Owned House, a workbench in a POH or a portable workbench.
- These changes represent a decrease in XP per hour from the items, but also represent a decrease in skilling intensity, in keeping with other Proteans.
- It is however a buff to XP per Protean Plank at level 60 and above, topping out at level 90 with x2.25 more XP per Plank than before.
- Fixed an issue that showed incorrect teleport options for the Elder Divination Head when the Divination stat was less than level 10.
- Fixed an issue where the Elder Divination Head would teleport the player and consume a charge when 'More options' was selected.
- Fixed an issue where Adrasteia did not appear in the Falador throne room during the Twilight of the Gods quest if the Legacy of Zamorak season is complete.
Dead and Buried
- Prevented undead from dropping more Map Pieces than necessary in Dead and Buried.
- Prevented Raptor transmogrification from persisting if the player teleports out of a Dead Buried instance at the Crypt north of Fort Forinthry.
- Fixed a typing error in the 'Minor Wisdom' achievement description.
- Nightmares in the dream can no longer be killed by poison or reflect damage.
- The Raptor now leans his mace on his shoulder during the two townhall scenes of Dead and Buried.
- Players will no longer get stuck inside the Burning House during the Raptor's dream.
- Fixed an issue that caused the construction time of the Ranger's Workroom tiers to have unexpected values, this will bring the EXP/HR more in-line with other buildings.
- Movement abilities are now restricted in the Raptor's dream to prevent players from diving onto another pressure plate.
- Fixed an issue causing the A Fort of My Own achievement to skip the Grove requirement.
- Corrected the positioning of an Arrow Stand that was attempting to escape the Fort Townhall roof via the Trap Door!
- The Fetid Zombies in the Dead and Buried quest have been firmly reminded that they are not speed zombies. Henceforth, they shall walk, not run.
- Gave Sofía the Ranger's workroom manager a Fletcher's outfit.
- In response to player feedback, updated the Raptor's examine from "Who can move in all that armour?" to "A mysterious warrior clad in thick plate armour" and replaced his casual angry posture with either a modified variant of his original "weapon on shoulder, shield in hand" or another more natural pose.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Lynxlynx & Saphhirra
- Date/Time: Monday, July 24th, 19:30 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
- Hosted by: Miss Misty
- Date/Time: Thursday, July 27th, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 60
- Location: Edgeville Bank
- FC: Miss Misty
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, xKristyy, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday, July 29th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 99
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Fast Sc
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!