Alright folks, the last 'TWIR' of the year! We’ll still be around working on things such as Game Jam and sharing information of upcoming things, but we'll be back with regular updates on January 8th!
Game Jam December
Traditional Jams are 55%+ Sugar.
Game Jams give our J-Mods the chance to spend a week exploring personal projects, community suggestions, and other exciting ideas. We have been hard at work getting all manner of prior gamejam projects out to the community recently, including several Graphical Area updates, Master Cape Particle Recolouring, Off Duty Attires and a whole host of quality of life updates!
Keep an eye out on our social media this week to catch a glimpse of some of the projects in the works!
Please note that everything shown is subject to internal reviews, scheduling and testing processes. While these projects may appear complete in places, all Game Jam projects take a significant amount of additional work to implement - not all Game Jam projects shown may make it into the game, and we can't offer a timeline or guarantees of Game Jam content releases.
Omen Plushie Last Chance To Pre-Order!
Catch them before they go!
Our adorable Omen Plushie has reached its goal, and Makeship has extended the pre-sale campaign for an extra week! Orders will now close for good on December 20th. If you want to get your hands on the cutest owl this side of Um, make sure you pre-order yours here!
By the way, if you ordered a Wise Old Man or Bob the Cat plushie earlier this year then good news - they've shipped earlier than expected! You should already have yours, or be expecting a knock on the door soon. Just in time for the holidays!
Community Hitlist round 2
Coming up 2024
Since March, we’ve been chipping away at your suggestions on the Community Hitlist - now we’re ready to stock up on a few more for the new year! Head over to the survey and let us know about:
- Bugs we should prioritise
- Tweaks to existing content you'd like to see
- Issues that break you out of your game experience
This year we’ve added tons of quality of life updates and changes, such as the recent Bank Preset loading, custom Excalibur interaction options, Runecrafting pouch fixes, audio tweaks to spare your ears and shift+click dropping from your backpack. We can't wait to see what comes next!
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
Starts December 11th | Ends December 17th | Dragon's Dozen.
Dozens of dragons all over the place! In this instance of Dragon's Dozen, every gem has a wrapping paper option added. You can stock up, or get a huge boost from the shadow gem - giving a whopping 50,000 wrapping paper!
Starts December 18th | Ends January 3rd | Santa's Grotto
To end out the season with a bang, Santa's Grotto is making a return! You can get your hands on the brand new Purple Santa hat via this promotion! You'll also be getting your Grotto bonus on top of the Prize Present Meter for even more bonuses.
Fixes and Improvements in this Week's Game Update
Zemouregal & Vorkath
- Fixed a typo in Zemouregal's voice lines in Battle of Forinthry.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the Dracolich Infusion being applied in certain situations when casting rapid fire.
- Fixed an issue where players pressing 'escape' during the cutscenes of Battle of Forinthry would have to reboot the game to continue.
- Fixed some clipping on the Dracolich Chaps when wearing certain Capes.
- Reduced the stats of the monsters in the horde phase of the Vorkath and Zemouregal fight in Normal Mode.
- Zemouregal and Moia now use the correct models (Skeletal and Imperator, respectively) in Battle of Forinthry.
- Vorkath will now be shot down if the ballista fires just as Vorkath starts flying for his special attack.
- The set effect of Sirenic armour no longer immediately activates when a second armour piece is equipped. Instead, players will now have to charge the effect for nine seconds, as intended.
- Sofía's animation in the Battle of Forinthry arena has been changed.
- Fixed various polycolour issues for some NPCs during the horde phase against Zemouregal and Vorkath.
- Killing an NPC other than your current target will no longer cause the target side panel (debuff icons) to be cleared.
- Necromancy Runes and Ectoplasm should only be consumed from the Nexus if the Nexus is either in the player's Inventory or equipped.
- Added functionality to the Altar of War in War's Retreat to heal the player's familiar while recharging their summoning points.
- Heal hitsplats are now working as intended when Vorkath is on screen and off screen for his big attack.
- Familiars now only take damage when the player takes damage to the Zonal Ice Attack.
- Fixed some stretching on the Dracolich Chaps.
- Broken Dracolich armour now appears darker in the player's inventory, to help distinguish it from unbroken armour.
- Added a Load Last Preset option to the following Bank chests:
- Land of Snow's Christmas Village
- Upgraded Bank chests in all 4 elite dungeons, and World Guardian's treasure at the end of elite dungeon 4
- Load Last Preset replaces the Avernic Undercity upgraded Chest's ‘Collect boss loot’ option, as it already had the max of five options. Boss loot can be collected from its Search option.
- Removed the force walk tiles in the Hill Giants' area in the Edgeville Dungeon.
- All variants of Excalibur now have "Remove to bank/inventory" options in the worn equipment interface of the bank, irrespective of whether Activate or Wield/Remove has been configured as their default option.
- Improved formatting and text colour on mobile when entering a Bank PIN incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where Runecrafting pouches couldn't be filled with Impure Essence.
- Fixed an issue where dying in the Wilderness with a Senntisten Scroll would prevent completion of the ‘Sentient Letters’ achievement.
- The 'Red, Red Pies of Summer' achievement can now be completed as intended.
- The Infernal Sauce recipe now shows the correct amount of Runes in the Inventory, and requires the exact amount of Runes to be made.
- Fixed an issue with the spacebar being unusable when adding Mud Runes to the Hunter Urns.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Skillcape customiser UI to move incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the Crafting level would appear as 120, but the 120 Crafting achievement would not be unlocked.
- The 5 year Hardcore Ironman Armour Override can now be used again.
- Removed a candlestick that was overlapping with the Commemorative Statue in the Fort’s Town Hall.
- You can no longer enter the Cooking Guild without meeting the requirements.
- Fixed an issue where the Menaphos ports district deposit box's Deposit All Fish and upgraded bank chest's Load Last Preset options were swapped.
- Players will now more accurately be able to claim gifts from Santa's sleigh after he leaves if letters are posted during the time period he was there.
- Fixed a missing lighting hotspot for the shopkeeper in Varrock during Construction Contracts.
- Players using legacy interface mode can once again see the game world.
- Experience rates for Potterington Blend #102 Fertiliser & Potterington Blend #101 Fertiliser have been reduced.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday December 11th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 85
- Location: Fort Forinthry
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
Nex - Angel Of Death
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Friday December 15th, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 88
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Boss Guild
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Princess Rae
- Date/Time: Saturday December 16th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Christmas Village
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
Clue Chasers is a community-driven space for players to discuss and share information about Clue Scrolls. For those eager to stack up on treasures, mark your calendars. This year, they're bringing the excitement to the Christmas Village Lodge on December 30th
If you want to take part in this big opening make sure you stack up on your caskets in the meantime!