We can finally reveal the name for the RuneScape board game – and show you some gorgeous minis! We've also given Extinction a few tweaks and fixes, so watch out for spoilers in the Patch Notes…
RuneScape Kingdoms: Shadow of Elvarg Board Game
We've got a name - and minis!
Hopefully you’ve heard the news about our partners Steamforged bringing Gielinor to tabletop – and we hope that you’re as excited as we are! Well we've now got a name – and we can reveal the first three minis!
Introducing RuneScape Kingdoms: Shadow of Elvarg, a cooperative campaign board game for 1-5 players, set in the fantasy world of Gielinor!
Explore from above with a game board styled like a fast-travel map, jumping from region to region as you level up your skills and complete quests. Zoom in for face-to-face encounters with iconic bosses that become even tougher as you work your way toward the final quest!
Every group member can play their way, maxing skills to level up and earn those all-important Capes.
Now, about those minis… Steamforged have developed a unique mini style for RuneScape Kingdoms inspired by iconic versions of outfits, NPCs and bosses from the past 21 years. This look is inspired by RuneScape's low-poly roots, but with all the detail you’d expect in a modern mini. We can’t wait to get our hands on ‘em!
Want to find out more? Head to our announcement blog here for more info!
Want to back the game on Kickstarter? Follow the campaign now here so you're ready for launch!
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Tuesday April 26th | 17:00 Game Time | Q&A and Intro with Mod Keeper, RuneScape's EP
RuneScape's Executive Producer joins us to answer your questions - plus, take a look at what's coming up for Gielinor this summer!
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Extinction Quest Updates and Fixes
A detailed breakdown of selected changes can be found in our announcement post here.
NOTE: These patch notes contain spoilers for Elder God Wars: Extinction!
- The XP for the Extinction post-quest skilling stations has been increased and the amount of resources required in the conversion has been reduced.
- If you have already created your skilling stations, enter the Dream of Iaia to receive a boost to your currently stored resources. Any new skilling stations will have increased starting resources on creation.
- The Pontifex Shadow Ring can be now imbued after finishing the Extinction quest.
- The Ring of Vigour can be now turned into a permanent passive effect.
- Necklace of Salamancy will now provide the following buffs:
- A 15% accuracy and damage buff while fighting a dinosaur-type enemy.
- A 3% drop rarity boost from dinosaurs and the Rex Matriarchs.
- The drop table for the Extinction post-quest skilling stations has been made more lucrative.
- A Bank Chest and additional NPCs have been added to the Iaia environment.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get soft locked after dying during phase three of the Seren Boss fight.
- Dialogue between the Player and Azzanadra on The Glacor Front will no longer be interrupted by the Glacytes.
- NPCs have been removed from the Elder Halls at the state where the player finishes the Erebus puzzle.
- Cannonfire sound effects are no longer present once the war in Senntisten has concluded. Coast is clear folks!
- Players are no longer guaranteed to receive a Construction Strange Rock when interacting with the Stonemason after completing Extinction.
- Capitalisation and typos update.
More information on these changes can be found here.
- Added the Legendary Pets Water Lycan and Fire Lycan into the Oddments Store for 50,000 Oddments each.
- Removed randomised sales from Treasure Hunter Keys, Medium Prismatic Lamps and Medium Prismatic Stars, but slightly lowered their prices.
- Doubled the daily purchase caps on Treasure Hunter Keys, Medium Prismatic Lamps, Medium Prismatic Stars, Small Protean Packs, Cinder Cores and Pulse Cores in the Oddments Store.
- Consolidated various items in the Oddments Store into packs.
- Added more details to the consumable items' preview descriptions in the Oddments Store.
- Added a ‘New!’ banner for items that have just been added to the Oddments Store. This will show for 14 days.
- Added banners to every item with a daily purchase cap, which will display the number of purchases remaining for that day.
- The Oddments store now uses the preview screen of the Spotlight tab. The preview screen has been updated to show more visual previews of outfits, pets and animations.
- Oddments Store item cards now show prices with separators at a cost of 1,000 Oddments or above.
- Increased the size of item card icons in the Oddments Store.
- Replaced any low-resolution item card icons in the Oddments Store with high resolution ones.
- Stopped the scroll position in the Oddments Store from resetting when clicking on an item card.
- Standardised item names and descriptions as well as purchase messages in the Oddments Store.
- Updated the order of item cards in the Oddments Store so that filling columns is now prioritised over filling rows.
- Stopped item titles from spilling out of their text area by truncating the names and adding ‘...’ for those over a certain length.
- Added a + button to the Oddments Store count in the header of the Marketplace which opens the Treasure Hunter interface when clicked.
- Renamed the Rewards tab in the Oddments Store to Consumables
- The multiple-choice Treasure Hunter prize selection screen has been removed.
- Oddment prizes have been removed from the Treasure Hunter drop table.
- The number of portable items received from portable packs has been reduced.
- Any unopened portable packs acquired before April 25th will not be impacted.
- The convert confirm functionality was changed and will no longer ask for confirmation on white and yellow tier prizes but will for higher tiers.
- Improved auto-redeem messaging to remove spam.
- Spring Cleaner is now available on the loot table again if the player does not own it already.
- Players can no longer gain lucky items as a super rare reward from chests.
- Combat Dummies no longer appear in Red or Purple Tier prizes.
- Spirit Gems can now be noted.
- Protean Packs have been replaced with Protean-specific items.
The latest goings-on from our community
An assortment of awesome art from our lovely community!
@Yarebear giving us an up close and personal look at the Mahjarrat. Fearsome - we love the use of shadows!
@Willoway is helping Azzanadra get into the seasonal spirit. He's kind of here for it?!
@Magenixy has done an amazing portrait of Callista and has recorded the process in this wonderful speedpaint!
@SnowyTheHunter showcases that there are still forces out there that we don’t want to mess with.
u/Morgify has decided that enough is enough waiting for Araxxi drop, and made their own! Eek!
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday April 25th, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 85
- Location: Burthorpe Bank
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
Mazcab Learner Raids
- Hosted by: ario, Raid FC, and girlscout
- Date/Time: Saturday April 30th, 18:00 Gametime
- World: 71
- Location: Mazcab Raid Entrance
- FC: Raid FC
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Saturday April 30th, 20:00 Gametime
- World: 88
- Location: Rex Matriarch Lair
- FC: Boss Guild
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!